- opening the dishwasher and it’s not washed! (*Happy Dance*) Because it appears that EVERY time I open the dishwasher to put something in, there is a clean load grinning at me waiting to be unloaded.
- when the kids play by themselves without needing a referee, mediator or judge long enough for me to enjoy my afternoon coffee and a sneaky biscuit. Bliss
- when the extremely “fussy eater” child tries a dinner for the first time without gagging or hours of coercion. That’s called a success in my world!
- when the 3 year old boy child replies to anything I say with something other than “Willy” or “Poopoo”
- when I did my chores around the house and get to appreciate the fruits of my labour for 3, 2, 1 seconds and gone ……. The hurricanes have arrived.
- when I get to have a conversation with one child without the other one trying to outtalk them or talk over them as loud as they can. As soon as one child starts talking the other one has something REALLY REALLY important to say as well.
- when I take my eyes off Baby for 2 seconds and he hasn’t tried to eat the entire contents of the coal bucket
- When I get so sleep in my bed for an entire night without having to play musical beds
- when I manage to reunite an odd sock with it’s long lost twin (This whole sock thing? Modern day mystery!)
- when I manage to leave the house not covered in snot or other child-related stains
- when the kids sleep past 7am. It equals winning the lottery! Happens almost never.
- when I make it through one morning cuddle without a face grab or a fistful of hair being displaced from my scalp.
- dancing around the house to the soundtrack of “Jake and the Neverland Pirates” like you’re pumping up the jam.
- when my daughter tells me I am prettier than a unicorn! Nawwwwww! (Sweets and Coke for everyone!)
- when I think we are out of toothpaste but – Hold it! Everyone relax! – the kids left a giant blob in the sink
- when I say “I am not going to tell you again” and only have to repeat it another 5 times or so
- a big pack of antibacterial wet wipes. Fullstop.
- confirming that the brown stuff on your kids hands is, as suspected, Nutella. Phew! I have been know to suspect wrong once or twice.
- when I think Baby has a pooey nappy, I do the smell test aka inhaling a faceful of baby bum and establish it was a false alarm!
- When it’s past 8.30pm on a school night and I persuade myself to watch a movie despite of the time. ‘Cos that’s how I roll. I am crazy that way.
What’s your little Happiness in the day-to-day grind?
I am on Facebook.
This post was first published on MummyPages.ie.